Monday 22 March 2010

Front Page Mock Up

Here is the layout I will be using for the front page of my newspaper. Using Adobe InDesign CS5, I have created all the text and image placeholders for the layout, and when writing my stories I will simply replace the placeholder text and images. The red shapes represent where adverts will be placed, and the main cover story image will go in the centre.


Below are screenshots of the processes involved in creating the front page -


1. Showing the text flow, allowing your text to flow from one text box to another



2. This screenshot shows the use of Guides and Rulers to keep the columns and rows of text, as well as images aligned



3. Showing the Place tool - placing an image or text into a placeholder



4. This screenshot shows the logo I created for the Isle of Wight Observer