Friday 7 May 2010

Evaluation: Creativity

-What features of your work are original to you, and how successfully does your work engage its audience and provoke its interest?

The feature of my work that is most notably original to me is the header of my newspaper. To break away from conventions of the standard newspaper, I added an element of graphic design to my design by creating a logo with a difference to the regular, simple text. I stuck to the conventions for the majority of the newspaper to instill a sense of realism to my piece, however I feel that the graphic element separates it from the standard newspapers.



I also added a banner at the top of my newspaper advertising the website for the newspaper. I feel this is a modern addition to newspaper designs and influences my newspaper by giving it a more up-to-date attribute.

My newspaper successfully engages its audience and provokes interest in all criteria. I feel that it does this in various ways, one of them being that my newspaper design is a modern design yet sticks to the codes and conventions of the standard newspaper, therefore appealing and satisfying all newspapers. This is a valid attribute for my newspaper as my research shows that not a great deal of younger teens and youths read a newspaper, so I feel that my newspaper will change this by having a more modern and interesting design than conventional newspapers. Another reason is that the articles in my newspaper are straight-to-the-point stories and news, there is only hard-hitting news that affects a large audience, rather than articles that may be specific to one audience and interest, therefore narrowing the amount of readers.