Friday 7 May 2010

Evaluation: Research and Planning

-How did your research into audience contribute to your production work?

My research into audience contributed my newspaper as I was able to determine what articles and adverts to put into my newspaper. I researched into what information was most favourable and determined that general news was the most popular option. Another high result was Music, and I used these results to produce my newspaper effectively by having general news stories such as crime in my newspaper. I also incorporated a banner for the Isle of Wight Festival into my newspaper as a link to the interest in music.


I also researched into whether the audience felt like their current local newspaper provided them with relevant information and articles. As the majority of the result was yes, I researched my local newspaper The Isle of Wight County Press and tried to write articles that are similar to the ones present in that newspaper.